Parent Talk are a Somerset-based family magazine. They publish and distribute monthly editions full to the brim with information for parents. In a typical edition you can expect to find:
- Recommendations on local attractions to visit
- Exciting new recipes to try when deciding what to feed the family
- Reviews of new children’s books
- Written articles on parent-related issues
Having decided that their existing website had become out-of-date, Parent Talk decided to approach us to build a modern website incorporating newer features. After taking on board their requirements, we built an exciting new website incorporating the following features:
- Interactive home page image slider
- Article pages sorting in news posts by their category (‘Education’, ‘Family Food’ etc)
- Stylish testimonials from readers and companies featured in the publication
- Modern events calendar showing upcoming events and activities
- Two separate directories, one for nurseries and the other for general local attractions, allowing visitors to search through at their leisure based on location and categories (e.g. find a Museum within 10 miles)
- Previous editions of the publication all available to download as PDFs
- An advert-management system allowing Parent Talk to show adverts along the website and track how many times they’ve been viewed and clicked.
- Online Contact Form.
Tamsin Humphreys, Editor of the magazine and our contact for the project, had the following comments about the project:
Excellent work all round. Chris was extremely helpful and very patient explaining everything.
This was an extremely pleasing website to be involved in, and we look forward to seeing the magazine’s continued success.