Page title

Residents of UK Counties that are considered more rural, such as Somerset, often complain about poor internet speeds.

Although this isn’t such an issue for Somerset Web Services, being located in Taunton town centre, we sympathise with the regularly poor connection speeds experienced by businesses and clients situated in less urban areas.

This is why we are pleased to hear of plans to increase the internet speed in Devon and Somerset (as reported on www.connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk), which promise to provide fibre optic broadband to 90% of premises by the end of 2016 (with a minimum of 2mbs for the remaining 10%).

We were also impressed when we heard of ‘B4RN’ (www.b4rn.org.uk), where residents of rural Lancashire have setup plans to build their own network providing fibre optic connections.

If the project is a success, it might inspire residents of other rural areas of the UK to step up and attempt the same feat.

  • Hamdon First Aid
    Hamdon First Aid
  • Water2U
    Water2U
  • National Will Depository
    National Will Depository
  • Monkton Matters
    Monkton Matters
  • Langport Heritage
    Langport Heritage
  • Watchet Town Council
    Watchet Town Council